American National Insurance Company No Exam Life Insurance
Founded in 1905, American National Insurance Company (ANICO) offers a variety of financial services made up of life insurance, annuities, accident and health insurance, pension plan products, property and casualty insurance, agribusiness, and other commercial exposures.
This well-established insurer offers its products in all 50 states through career agents and independent insurance agencies. ANICO uses its subsidiary companies to market insurance and financial services throughout America. The company is now headquartered in Galveston, Texas and employs more than 3,000 employees in its offices in Texas, Missouri, and New York. The company currently boasts an “A Excellent” from A.M. Best Rating Services.
ANICO’s Life Insurance Products
- Signature Term – ANICO’s Signature Term Insurance is fully underwritten life insurance that is available in 10, 15, 20, and 30-year terms. Issue age depends on the term being purchased with a maximum age of 70 for the 10-year term. There are various riders available to broaden the policy’s coverage, and conversion is available up to the expiration date of the policy. ANICO’s Signature Term is very competitive in the term insurance marketplace.
- Freedom Term Life Insurance – ANICO’s Freedom Term Insurance is no exam term life insurance and is available in 10, 20, and 30-year terms. Coverage is available for applicant’s age 18 to 64-years-old. Quick approval is available in most cases and the 30-day free look period is always available. Although Freedom Term is a no exam insurance policy, ANICO offers highly competitive rates.
- ValueGuard Whole Life Insurance – ANICO’s ValueGuard is no exam life insurance that offers permanent insurance protection with level payments and accumulates cash value over the life of the policy. ValueGuard offers a guaranteed death benefit as long as periodic premiums are paid by the policyholder. Face amounts are available up to $150,000.
- Legacy Whole Life Insurance – The Legacy Whole Life policy is a guaranteed issue insurance policy with no medical exam and no health questions. It is available with a death benefit of up to $25,000 and eligible for applicants between age 50 and 80. Legacy Whole Life in an excellent solution for applicants needing final expense insurance and in many cases can be approved and issued within 15 minutes.
Since Legacy Whole Life is guaranteed issue, insureds will have a 2-year waiting period for death from natural causes. If an insured dies from natural causes during the waiting period, the company will reduce the death benefit to 110% of premiums paid into the policy.
- Signature Whole Life – Signature Whole Life is fully underwritten participating whole life insurance that is available to applicants age 0 to 80. Face amounts offered are $10,000 to $1 million+. Signature Whole Life provides a guaranteed death benefit, guaranteed level premium, and cash value that earns a fixed interest rate that can be accessed by the policy owner for any reason. The dividends that depend on the financial results of the insurer can be taken as cash, premium reduction, accumulation, or paid up additions to the face amount.
- Executive Universal Life – ANICO’s Executive UL product is flexible Universal Life insurance with a guaranteed interest rate of 3 percent. The policy is available in face amounts of $25,000 to $1million + and is available to applicants age 0 to 70. There are six riders to choose from that will allow the policyholder to broaden coverage to meet individual needs. Although the guaranteed interest rate is 3 percent, the ANICO has paid 4 percent for most of 2016 because of the performance of the company.
- Indexed Universal Life (IUL) – Indexed Universal Life a flexible universal life insurance policy that offers fixed and indexed crediting options. This product is available to ages 0 to 85 and face amounts from $25,000 to one million and over. This product is targeted at individuals who prefer a more aggressive insurance policy that can deliver higher cash accumulation while offering the death benefit selected. The policy is available with seven riders that will broaden the coverage to meet your individual needs.
Other Insurance Products
American National Insurance Company also offers medical products such as Medicare Supplement and supplemental health insurance. They also offer various annuity products for retirement planning and property and casualty insurance for individuals and businesses.
Our Review of American National Insurance Company
As with any insurer, American National has pros and cons when it comes to agents and consumers.
Agents give ANICO high ratings because they are easy to do business with, offer fully underwritten and simplified issue (no medical exam) products.
ANICO is considered to be very competitive in certain segments of its product offerings and appears to take an aggressive view on competing in the marketplace.
Most agents give them high marks for getting policies issued quickly, and they continue to provide outstanding customer service to their agents.
Their product selection is well-rounded, and they make the most popular riders available on their policies.
Typical with most life insurers, ANICO has mixed reviews from customers that are posted online. Although their claims service received high marks, cost, billing, and overall service averaged 3.5 stars out of five.
This agency does not have any cons to list in general. Like other insurers, ANICO competes in certain segments of the marketplace and is not likely to be the best choice for every applicant.
LJM Insurance considers ANICO to be one of the better arrows in our quiver of life insurance companies. Offering no exam products along with fully underwritten products at very competitive prices separates ANICO from many carriers in the marketplace.
For further details and to learn more about No Exam Life Insurance from ANICO, we encourage you to contact the insurance professionals at LJM Life Insurance at (844) 528-8688 during normal business hours or contact us through our website anytime.