Sentinel Security Life Burial Insurance
Sentinel Security Life final expense insurance provides protection for surviving loved ones when a policyholder dies, Sentinel Security recognized the need for every applicant to qualify. Sentinel Security is one of our many final expense insurance carriers, keep reading to get details or call 844-528-8688 for a free personalized final expense life insurance review.
Founded in 1948 by a group of funeral directors in Utah, Sentinel Security was formed to help Utah families address the costs of funeral and other final expenses that are typically passed on to surviving loved ones.
Since the founding of the company as Sentinel Mutual Insurance Company, the organization’s name was changed to Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company and is currently offering insurance products in 33 states.
Although Sentinel Security began offering Medicare Supplements and Annuities in 2009, here we’ll focus on the Sentinel Security Life Final Expense InsuranceIt’s important to discuss the company’s financial stability ratings before going forward. According to A.M. Best Rating Services, Sentinel Security Life was awarded a B++ (Good) rating on November 16, 2018. Best also reported the company has a long-term stability rating of BBB which is considered STABLE for the long term. The company has maintained this rating since 2014.
What type of Final Expense Products Does Sentinel Security Offer?
Because of a universal need, Sentinel Security Life final expense insurance offers three different final expense insurance programs for applicants to choose from.
Each of these Sentinel Security Life final expense insurance plans is based on whole life insurance and delivers the guarantees and benefits that traditional life insurance policies offer the benefits below.
- Insurance Coverage for Life – Sentinel Security Life cannot cancel your insurance coverage for any reason other than non-payment.
- Level Premiums for Life – Once your Sentinel Security Life final expense insurance policy is issued, the company cannot increase the premiums for life. This means that your premium payment remains level even if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness or forced to live in a nursing home or hospice facility.
- Cash Accumulation over Time – Your Sentinel Security final expense policy will build cash value over time that earns an interest rate specified in the policy. As the policy owner, you will have access to this cash account via policy loans, policy withdrawals, or policy surrender. You can access these funds for any reason and there is never a credit score requirement.
Sentinel Security Life Final Expense Insurance Plans
New Vantage I – Immediate Benefit Final Expense Insurance
The New Vantage I final expense insurance plan offers a level death benefit with first-day coverage. This means your beneficiary will receive the full death benefit from the first day the policy is issued (no waiting period).
Applicants who qualify for New Vantage I must be in good health and have no serious pre-existing conditions such as cancer, heart attack, or stroke in the five years prior to the application. Seniors that have more common conditions like high cholesterol, diabetes, or high blood pressure generally will qualify for coverage under the New Vantage I plan due to liberal underwriting.
Here are the plan’s underwriting highlights:
0 to 85 years old
No medical exam or blood/urine tests required
Death Benefit Payment
Immediate payment of the full death benefit
Face amounts available
Premium Payment Options
There are several option riders that are available that allow the policyholder to broaden their coverage and add living benefits to their insurance policy:
- Waiver of Premium – This rider provides for the insurance company to waive the policy premiums if the insured becomes totally disabled due to an illness or injury. Qualified insureds must be between age 15 through 55-years old.
- Accidental Death Benefit – The accidental death benefit provides for the insurance company to page an additional death benefit if the insured’s death is the result of an accident.
- Children’s Protection Rider – The CPR allows the insured to add $5,000 term insurance for each dependent child.
New Vantage II – Graded Benefit
The New Vantage II Graded Benefit plan was designed for applicants who cannot medically qualify for the New Vantage I Immediate Benefit plan. With the graded benefit plan, the insurance company is accepting a higher risk and will, therefore, pay the death benefit on a graded benefit basis:
- Death from natural causes during the first year: The insurer will pay 30% of the death benefit.
- Death from natural causes in the second year: The insurer will pay 70% of the death benefit.
- Death from any cause in the third year or after: The insurer will pay 100% of the death benefit.
It’s important to note that the waiting period does not apply to death from accidental causes which are paid 100% from the first day of coverage.
New Vantage II Final Expense Insurance highlights:
45 to 85-years old
No medical exam or blood/urine tests
Graded death benefit
Face amounts available
Option Riders Available
Accidental rider is included for the first two years at no additional cost.
New Vantage III – Modified Benefit
The modified benefit Sentinel Security Life final expense insurance plan was designed for applicants who do not qualify for the immediate benefit or graded benefit plans.
The modified benefit plan also contains a waiting period when the death benefit is modified if death is the result of natural causes. This waiting period does not apply to accidental deaths where the full death benefit is paid from the first day of coverage.
If the insured dies as a result of natural causes during the first two years, the insurer will pay a death benefit that is equal to the sum of all premiums paid plus an additional 10%.
New Vantage III Modified Benefit Plan Highlights:
45 to 85-years old
No medical exam or blood/urine test required
Modified Death benefit
Accidental rider is included at no additional cost
Sentinel Security Life Final Expense Insurance Plan Determination
Sentinel Security Life Insurance provides the medical “knockout questions” on its life insurance application.
The Sentinel Security Life Final Expense Insurance plan you qualify for is determined by how many questions you mark “yes”. The rates are based on the plan you qualify for, your age, and the face amount you apply for. Enter your information on the quoter to on this page to compare rates or call us anytime at 844-528-8688 or email us from our contact us page.